Five killed in Cambodian nightclub fire


Five people were killed early Monday morning in an electrical fire at a nightclub in Cambodia’s Bavet city of Svay Rieng province bordering Vietnam, a senior military police officer confirmed, Punch reports.

Deputy military police chief of Svay Rieng province, said the accident took place at 3:20 a.m. in the Star Nightclub, which was caused by an electrical fault at a karaoke and discotheque room.

“Five people, including 4 men and one woman, found dead in the fire. All of them are Cambodians,” he told Xinhua over telephone, adding that the police controlled the fire in just an hour by using two fire trucks.

It was the second tragic nightclub blaze in the past six months. The first one happened in the Hip Hop Club in Siem Reap city in November, killing five people, including an Australian man.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s